A gaming chair is just a chair, no matter how you look at it, right? Absolutely not! Some gamers take their decision of gaming chair somewhat more seriously than others. However, the truth is us gamers invest quite extended periods of time in our chairs. If you are spending most of the day anchored to a chair at a desk, then you want to find the best chair that is going to be suitable for your body. It bodes well to discover something agreeable. Past that, finding the best PC gaming seat for you generally, boils down to individual inclination. In case you are hoping to finish a gaming work area setup with a durable new PC seat, read on.
Before getting a gaming chair you should know about the features that define a good gaming chair. Here are the top 3 features worth considering before purchasing a new gaming chair.
- Ergonomics:For gamers, ergonomics is important. The best PC gaming chair will help improve your posture. They will provide lumbar support, arm support, and numerous controls to make adjustments.
- Height control: A standard function for nearly all office chairs.
- Armrest height control: Not as common as you would think. But it always pays to keep it in mind, as fixed height armrests can cause discomfort.
- Tension control: Allows you to stiffen or loosen the tension level in the backrest. This affects the amount of pressure you need to apply to lean back.
- Backrest lock: Sometimes chairs will also allow you to lock the backrest in place, in addition to controlling tension.
- Seat pan slider: This enables you to slide the seat of your chair forward or backward in relation to the backrest.
- Material: Most quality office chairs consist of either leather or mesh. You want a chair that is a good match for your body temperature. The wrong choice could lead to your comfort level heading south in case of longer gaming sessions.
- Style: We would be lying if we said looks aren’t important. The chair does not need to be an aesthetic masterpiece. However, nobody wants something that looks like it is about to fall apart next time someone enthusiastically plops themselves into it.
In the chart below, we have selected the most popular chairs from the many options out there. Here, we take an in-depth look, which will help take your man-cave to the next level.The Top 20 Best Gaming Chair
Low-budget Gaming Chairs
Nitro Concepts C80 Pure Series
The C80 Pure Series Gaming Chair is a great-looking, comfy gaming chair that could easily double up as an office chair. It looks more expensive than it actually is – this is entire because of some decent design flourishes. For instance, the look of the C80 has been inspired by a racing car seat, but instead of leather it uses polyurethane.
Tricky to put together
The AmazonBasics Mid-Back Leather Chair is probably one of the cheapest gaming chairs on the market right now. It is one of the first private label furniture items sold by Amazon. It has some ergonomic features: pneumatic seat and backrest controls. These are simply adjusted to raise and lower the seat and customize the resistance of the backrest. The smooth back contours provide an acceptable level of comfort and the dual wheel casters are well-made.
- Low price
- Extraordinary quality for the price
- Comfortable cushioning
- Easily moveable
- Not best for tall users
- Tilting action can be finicky
- Just one color available
LexMod Veer Office Chair
LexMod’s Veer Office Chair is sold for under a hundred dollars and features breathable mesh cushioning, which is great if you tend to feel the heat in the middle of intense play. Its waterfall-style seat relaxes your legs for healthier postures, and each armrest has adjustable elevation for greater comfort, although there is no tilting feature. The model comes in nine colors to suit most setup and room themes. This gaming chair is certainly one of the better console gaming chairs out there today.
- Good value for the money
- Breathable backrests
- Nine themed colors
- Non-tilting backrest
- Stiff adjustment lever
- Cushioning is a bit thin
VIVA OFFICE Racing Style Office Swivel Chair
Pneumatic controls on the two sides let you raise or lower your seat and rock back in your chair – or remain firm, sitting up straight. The adjustable office chair helps promote an ergonomically correct seated position, which is important when you stay at your desk or in front of the computer for long stretches of time.
- Deluxe bonded leather
- Soft spring pack padding
- Seat height adjustment
- Synchronous tilt mechanism
Yaheetech High Back Chair
Yaheetech High Back Chair is a brand new and high-quality gaming chair with a bucket seat, racing car style seating, comfortable and attractive with ergonomically design for added back support. Pneumatic seat height adjustment 360-degree swivel, tilt & lift function thickly padded cushion to give you extra comfort. Comfortable full padded faux leather armrests. It has steel chrome nylon base which makes it easily movable.
Arozzi Monza Series Gaming Chair
The Arozzi Monza is one cool gaming chair with a racing-inspired look. High quality, thick padding on the arm rests, seat base and back support give you the highest level of comfort. The Arozzi Monza has an ergonomic design, so you sit correctly whilst gaming. This comfortable seating position allows you to play for hours without experiencing fatigue. The Arozzi Monza is made out of PU Leather, that is both easy to clean and comfortable.
- Very stylish looking chair
- Generous amount of padding
- Some say they are even more comfortable than DX Racer chairs
- Height adjustment units are hard to assemble
- Cannot adjust armrests of Enzo Series
- Must buy more expensive Torretta Series for backrest and neck pillows
Merax Leather Racing Style Office Chair
Luxury Racing Car style executive chair with the thick padded arm, seat, backrest and pillow ergonomically design for comfort for those who work at desks for long periods PU leather and mesh fabric upholstered face for easy cleaning 360 grid swivel rotation.
- Chrome base looks cool
- Awesome footrest module, can extend fully and take cat naps
- Multiple color options
- Not breathable; can get pretty hot
- Armrests could use improvement
- Padding not as plush as it appears, may be too stiff for some
Mid-range Gaming Chairs
(200$ – 400$)
AK RACING PLAYER GAMING CHAIR
AK Racing seats offer stylish eSport looks alongside well-considered ergonomics.
Boring office chairs are the last thing any gaming enthusiast wants. It has the same style chair that professional gamers use in tournaments around the world. Perfect for office workers and gamers, AK Racing seats are a high quality and exciting solution to the various health disorders resulting from bad posture.
- Price not too high
- Stylish look
- Set up is little bit difficult
Flash Furniture Offex HL-0001-GG
Flash’s Mid-Back Mesh Chair with Triple-Paddle Controls (Offex HL-0001-GG) is one of the best-priced chairs featuring effective ergonomic features. Its flexible design and many adjustments can adapt people of most sizes and there is enough breathable material to keep gamers cool and relaxed for a long time. The company also offers a range of similar models made of different materials to suit various needs.
- Good one-size-fits-all design
- Many ergonomic adjustments
- Large paddle controls allow for easy adjustments
- Dense seat cushions, a variety of theme colors
- Challenging assembly with hard-to-attach wheel sets
- Backrest materials are not too comfy
- Tall armrests may not fit under many tables
Office Star Light Air Grid Chair
Office Star’s Professional Air-Grid Back Leather Chair is a well-built chair which will complement any office setting with its set of industrial-grade wheels. It features adjustable-elevation arms with soft padding and tilting mechanism with tensioning, all of which are designed to encourage healthier sitting position.
The seat is upholstered in leather and the mesh-like backrest affords a great mix of comfortable and breathable use, and this model usually sells at a very reasonable price.
- Leather cushions are pleasingly soft
- Good construction and simple adjustability
- Solid backrest gives good support
- Backrest could be too stiff for certain users
- Armrest design is of lightweight construction
- Mesh-like materials tend to get worn somewhat quickly
DXRacer Gaming Chair
DXRacer’s Gaming Chair has good ergonomic features and has strong styling in several colors, which should please those looking to equip with sporty-looking forms and themes. Various models come in different clothing and vinyl versions, as well as a breathable racing-seat material that feels great. In the e-Sports community, these chairs are quite well-known, especially among European fans. The DX Racing chair is a great gaming chair and one of the best PC gaming chairs in the midrange-end spectrum.
Their products are well-regarded for quality and forward styling as well as good ergonomics, which has made their brand respectable in the gaming world.
- Amazingly stylish designs, materials, and build quality
- Unique sizing and styling options, armrest and backrest parts which fit many sizes
- Terrific reclining mechanism
- May feel a bit stiff when brand new
- Hefty weight
Giantex Executive Racing Style Chair
The Giantex Executive Racing Style Chair sports an excellent style-to-cost ratio. This chair is offered in four other colors other than the white featured above: red, blue, green, and yellow. While you may sacrifice some built quality, going with the Giantex chair over a DX Racer, your wallet will find the arrangement much more agreeable.
- Sharp racing stripes design
- Can be reclined up to 150 degrees
- Head rest pillow and lumbar cushion
- Plastic wheelbase
- Padding feels firm and stiff
- Chemical smell lasts a while
Vertagear Racing Series S-Line SL4000
The white and blue edition of Vertagear’s Racing Series S-Line SL4000 Gaming Chair is definitely one of the more striking chairs we have had the pleasure of testing. In fact, it has now become a common occurrence for people walking through the office to comment on it and ask whether its occupant has won some sort of prize.
- Design stands out
- Sturdy, once set up
- Gets dirty easily
- Lengthy set-up time
Vertagear Racing Series P-Line PL6000
For those looking for some extra space in their seating arrangement the Vertagear Racing Series PL6000 is a must-have. Specially designed to provide both added width and height, it is a delight for those with larger frames with a solid base and impressive range of movement. The wheelbase is smooth and responsive on both carpet and hard floors, while the adjustable headrest provides additional comfort for the neck.
- Striking design
- Smooth wheelbase
- Odd lumber pillow position
Nitro Concepts C80 Motiongaming chair
Like all models of the Carbon Class, the Nitro Concepts C80 Motion gaming chair in black is a high-quality gamer seat with valuable polyurethane (PU) imitation leather covering and an excellent price-performance ratio.
- 100% vegan PU faux leather cover
- Rear of the backrest with carbon look
- Comfortable cold foam upholstery
- Folding Armrests with soft cushioning
- Safety class 4 gas lift
- Top-notch rocking mechanism (up to 15°)
- 50 mm casters with colored accent
High-End Chairs for Gaming (>400$)
Mesh Ergonomic Chair is a high-end model that’s priced accordingly. This smooth, futuristic-looking model features three modular sections which provide complete spinal support along with several points. The mesh-type version allows great breath ability and comfort, although versions in leather are also available. There are several inviting color themes in addition to black.
- Gleaming aluminum is stylish
- Controls are readily accessed and effortlessly operated
- Very tall backrest provides excellent neck support
- Seat pan has no angled incline/decline adjustment
- Assembly is challenging, and there is an initial new material smell
- Mesh cushioning is tough but may be too firm for certain users
Herman Miller Aeron
Moving on, we have the Herman Miller Aeron. Found in three versions, the Herman Miller Aeron is extremely comfortable to sit in and it is a top contender for one of the best PC gaming chairs of 2017. It feels amazing to sit in and, if you want a personal opinion, I bought this chair for myself after suffering from lower back pain due to my previous office chair being too stiff and not ergonomic. If you are an adult and you seriously value your health and are willing to spend over $500 on a PC gaming chair, the Herman Miller Aeron is the best gaming chair for adults. This is currently considered one of the best chairs for PC gaming by professionals and international companies.
- Can be bought in different sizes and models
- Super comfortable even for longer periods of sitting in front of the computer
- Great lumbar support
- Very expensive
- The lean controls are not properly designed
steelcase’s ultra-comfortable and ultra-pricey Gesture is one of the few ergonomic models which functionally rivals Herman Miller’s best in this rarefied category, and the brand does not lack corporate prestige either. The densely-packed foam cushions are very comfortable, especially for gamers whose bodies tend to stay cool even during intensive gameplay. The company researched thousands of people to determine target ranges of human postures, and they designed the seat and backrest mechanisms to mutually balance their movements while flexing its backrest to support your torso whenever you recline. Every other ergonomic feature is similarly refined.
- Swiveling-arm design is the finest available
- The system of synchronizing supports obviates the need for manual adjustment
- Ultra high-end gloss and build quality in a fully-assembled chair
- Lacks an adaptable lumbar-supporting mechanism
- Its angular look may turn off some people
Herman Miller’s Mirra
Herman Miller’s Mirra is among the most striking ergonomic chairs one can buy. As the pioneering brand in ergonomic seating, it is a company whose products are the kind you might spot in the top offices of Fortune 500 firms. With more than dozen colors offered, the chair is very solidly built in an attractive smooth finish. The patented breathable mesh fabric keeps your torso at comfortable temperatures for long hours and also assists in evenly distributing your mass, while waterfall-style seating helps to relax your lower body and promote ergonomic positions. Overall, the Herman Miller Mirra is a very solid PC chair just like the Herman Miller Aeron.
- Gorgeously sleek build comes with a 12-year warranty
- Harmonizing tilt mechanisms provides for relaxed seating
- Polymer shell and advanced mesh-fabric dissipate body heat
- Might be somewhat short for very tall persons
- The backrest’s fabric is said to strip off clothing back-buttons
- Armrest elevation controls can be cumbersome
Noblechairs Epic Real Leather
The king of gaming chairs, Noblechairs’s flagship Epic Real Leather lives up to its name, as it is both epic and is mostly made of real (rather than faux) leather. If you are looking for a no-compromises gaming throne that looks, feels and even smells expensive, this is it.
From the cross-hatched embroidery adorning the lower back position to the red logo on the seat, it is the fine details that will make you want to drag strangers from the streets into your home just to show it off.
- Uses real leather
- Extensive adjustability
- Premium quality
- Easy to set up
- Plastic armrests
- Will prove too large for very small rooms
MWE Lab Emperor XT Motorized ergonomic gaming/workstation chair
Built with industrial grade components since 2010, the Emperor is a comfortable, immersive and aesthetically unique environment for people that spend many hours in front of their computer monitors. Customize your Emperor XT to meet your needs, from an outstanding office to a state-of-the-art command and control center.
Above all it has the best ergonomics. It is created looking after the human anatomy so that the user can have utmost pleasure. It has the highest quality gaming material installed in it and it has the style of the future.
Of course, everyone has different choices, reflecting their personality and all. No one sees even the same piece of furniture from the same perspective. One chair may feel perfect to one, yet absolutely stiff and steep to another. One might say the color black is the king of colors, to which another might snort quite audibly. That is why companies from around the world are always trying to create products that have a refreshingly varying range to choose from. Although they all try their best to make masterpieces out of every piece they make, some obvious differences are always there. Here are the names of a number of companies – actually, the top 6 of them – and a short insight into what they make:
- Noblechairs: Having released the world’s first-ever genuine leather gaming chair in 2016, Noblechairs are the epitome of luxury when it comes to PC seating. Sporty and sleek to look at, chairs in this range offer 360-degree swivel rotation, adjustable seat height and an advanced rocking mechanism.
- Nitro Concepts: Stylish and affordable in equal measure, the Nitro Concepts series is notable for its futuristic design and cool choice of colors. Gamers can choose from the Race, Comfort, Pure, Motion and Evo series.
- Arozzi: For a sturdy build in practically any color you could wish for, Arozzi’s game chairs are bold, budget-friendly and above all, ergonomically designed and extremely well-padded for utmost comfort.
- AK Racing: Solid, functional and extremely colorful, the AK Racing range caters to all different price points, with a huge variety of gaming chairs that are just as suited to business professionals as they are too hard-core gamers.
- DXRacer: Gamers seeking a more premium product need look no further than the DXRacer range. Originally known for designing and manufacturing high-quality racing car seats, this is a brand that embodies comfort, size and style for a luxurious gaming experience.
- Vertagear: Available exclusively at the UK, these gaming chairs stand out for their funky colors and striking design, with a range of different features tailored to your needs.
Obviously, other parts of PC are a higher priority than a gaming chair. If one wants to play high performance games like GTA V or Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, then consider investing in other components first. One of the best ways to do that is maxing out your FPS. If you are currently using a GPU that is outdated, then we suggest that you invest in a new and better GPU. Got a great GPU? Then how about a better monitor for gaming? The value of a great gaming monitor is still underestimated.